Friday, October 3, 2014

This week's Goodwill Haul!

Here is this week's Goodwill haul:


The board games were on clearance for 79 cents each. I'm always nervous about buying board games at Goodwill since I've bought so many that were incomplete, but I figured it was worth the risk for less than a dollar. The little cavemen and the dog were in a $1.99 bag together with a few items I'm going to donate back. The Easter Island head was $2.99.



 I was pleasantly surprised to find that both games, though their boxes were opened, appeared to never have been played! I bought the 80's Trivial Pursuit thinking that at least I might keep any of the game pieces if they were still there. They include a care bear, computer, laser disc & trapper keeper. I think I might keep the whole game since it's complete. The Simpsons game also was unused, though I was a little disappointed to find that the game pieces were plastic and not metal like Monopoly. 


I also found these awesome cavemen (almost bought another bag just to get a third). I have no idea what these are from as there are no markings, but pretty cool. 





This (Bratz?) dog was also included with the cavemen...pretty cute!




So on rare occasions, I will get home from a thrift hunt and decide to go back the same day for an item I was really debating about at the store. This is one of those occasions. This super cool Easter Island head appears to be a mug or a vase. Upon looking at the back...




I found further hints to it's origin. We are still relatively new to Wisconsin as we last lived in California and are both originally from Indiana. Using my Google Fu, I found this is from a dinner theater called The Fireside. This mug will be excellent as a pen holder!







No comments:

Post a Comment